Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wisdom is Supreme

August 13, 2009



Fellow Believers,


I noticed something new today in God's Word. Well....it's not new at all but I noticed it in a new way I guess. Proverbs 4:4-7 says, "...Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live. Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding."


God is telling me to really seek after His Words with all of my heart. If I do that, He will give me the understanding. But, not only that, He says, "Keep my commands and you will live." He wants me to keep His commands; to be obedient to Him in all ways. This is the part that we like to kind of just skim over while we're reading it but it's so important. He's telling us that if we keep His commands; be obedient to Him; that we will live. So on the contrary, I can assume that if I don't keep His commands; if I'm not obedient to Him, I won't live. Now that's a heavy duty concept! Obeying God comes first! We don't get the "goodies" (meaning life) unless we are obedient. He tells us to seek wisdom with all of our hearts and that, when we do, we will be given understanding. We will be given God's wisdom, God's understanding of life. When we gain that wisdom, it will protect us.


Godly wisdom will protect us! When we love that Godly wisdom and seek it with our whole hearts, it will watch over us and keep us safe. God admonishes us to never forget His Words and to never swerve from them. Read them; study them; follow them, do them. Be obedient to them (His Words). They are a guiding light for our lives. God says that His wisdom is supreme so we should seek it and He will give it to us. Even if it costs us everything we've got, we need to receive God's wisdom and understanding.


Even if it costs us everything? Yep, that's a hard pill to swallow, isn't it? But God said it and He means exactly what He says and He says exactly what He means. It's worth it! Well worth it! Following after God is a pleasure and a privilege. I wouldn't trade it for anything.


Hmmmm.....God's Word also says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But that's a topic for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment